Total Disc Replacement Surgery in India
What is the Cost of Total Disc Replacement Surgery with Top Hospitals and Top Surgeons in India?
- The average cost of the Total Disc Replacement Surgery is very high in western countries.
- India is known worldwide for its advanced medical facilities and promising technology for Total Disc Replacement Surgery. Many of the best hospitals for Total Disc Replacement Surgery can be found in India.
- Total Disc Replacement Surgery cost in India is much less when compared to any other countries. Also the cost of Total Disc Replacement Surgery in India is substantially lower than other developed countries of the world.
Various deciding factors could determine the price of Total Disc Replacement Surgery in India. These can be broadly classified as Hospital, Medical Team or Patient Dependent factors.
- Type of the hospital (Government/Trust/Private).
- Use of insurance, type of insurance or self paid.
- Accreditation of the facility
- Reputation and brand value of the hospital.
Medical Team Factors
- Technology / Approach Used
- Surgery Type
- Type of Anesthesia or Sedation
- Qualification / Expertise of the specialist
- Extent of the surgery needed
- Patient’s diagnosis
- Patient’s general health
- Room Category selected by the patient
- Other treatment required by the patient in conjunction
The LIST of AVERAGE COST of the Total Disc Replacement Surgery across TOP 15 cities in India in Indian Rupee (INR) is as follows -
|City||Lowest Cost||Average Cost||Highest Cost|
Contact Us for a FREE No Obligation Quote & Opinion for Total Disc Replacement Surgery in India
Our Hospitals Network and Surgery Group are available in 15 cities of India for our patients to access. Kindly fill up the form for a free opinion from our expert team. We shall get you a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India's best Surgeons and best hospital in India. NO CHARGES LEVIED.
Special ALL SERVICES INCLUSIVE Packages available for INTERNATIONAL PATIENTSPost a Query
What is the meaning of Total Disc Replacement Surgery?
- Spine is the structural pillar of any body. It not only gives physical support, but also allows mobility of the back in different directions. When the discs wear out, spine stops functioning normally and the back becomes painful. The degeneration of disc leads to a condition called degenerative disc disease, which needs a Disc Replacement.
- A Disc replacement surgery is a surgery in which the disc is removed and the space is packed with bone graft. Eventually, the bone creates a solid skeletal bridge across the two vertebrae. By eliminating the movement, previously painful segment is made pain free.
What are the Indications of Total Disc Replacement Surgery?
- If pain and discomfort caused by the affected disc has not alleviated despite undergoing non-surgical treatments such as medication, injections, or physical therapy, a doctor may advise disc replacement.
- Several conditions that may prevent you from receiving a disc replacement: spondylolisthesis, osteoporosis, vertebral fracture, spinal tumor, infection, morbid obesity, significant changes of the facet joints, pregnancy, chronic steroid use or autoimmune problems.
What are Types of Total Disc Replacement Surgery?
Artificial disc designs classified as:
- Total disc replacement: in a total disc replacement, all or most of the disc tissue is removed and replaced with a device implanted into the space between the vertebrae.
- Disc nucleus replacement: in a disc nucleus replacement, only the center of the disc is replaced with an implant, while the outer part of the disc is unchanged.
Who is a candidate for Total Disc Replacement Surgery?
- The best candidates for Disc replacement surgery are patients who have not benefitted from nonsurgical treatment and who have moderate or severe degenerate disc disease.
- Most of the cases include patient not over the age of 60, no multi-level spine degeneration, no osteoporosis, not overweight, has not undergone any previous surgery for this condition, has attended 3 months of non-surgical treatments such as stretching, exercise and medications but has not benefitted, do not have scoliosis or any other type of spinal deformity, spinal canal nerves are not being compressed
What is the diagnosis of Total Disc Replacement Surgery?
- The signals towards a disc replacement depend on each type of implant. Some indications are pain from the disc that has not reduced with non-operative techniques like medication, injections, chiropractic care and/or physical therapy.
- Typically, the patient will have an MRI that shows disc degeneration. Often discography is performed to verify which disc, if any, is related to your pain. The surgeon will correlate the results of these tests with findings from your history and physical examination to help determine the source of pain.
What preparations need to be done for Total Disc Replacement Surgery?
- Patients suffering from chronic low back pain caused due to degenerative disc disease are eligible for artificial disc replacement surgery, but the surgery is not recommended for everyone. Based on one’s symptoms, the doctor will determine a suitable treatment.
- Disc replacement may be recommended for patients between the ages of 18 and 60 suffering from DDD, whose condition has not improved.
- Patients suffering from osteoporosis may not have bones strong enough to support a disc replacement. Before artificial disc replacement, the doctor will discuss the procedure with patients in detail, answering the questions they have. The doctor will also inform about special requirements needed to be completed before the surgery.
How is the Total Disc Replacement surgery performed?
- Disc replacement surgery is performed under general anesthesia. The surgery takes between one and two hours, followed by a 3 to 4 day hospital stay. The artificial disc is designed as two metal end plates, between which medical grade polyethylenes/ plastic/ gel-like substances may be found.
- The diseased disc I removed before installing the replacement. For a total disc replacement in the lower back, a type of disc prosthesis may be used which consists of two metal plates surrounding a mobile core made of plastic. Spikes protruding from the metal pieces fix them into the bone, which eventually grows and fuses with the plates.
- A different type of spine arthroplasty device, where two metal pieces articulate by way of a ball and trough, is sometimes used to replace a cervical disc in the neck. It may take eight weeks to return to normal routine but can be longer in some cases. Artificial disc is inserted into the vertebral space to approximate the normal height of the original disc.
- The patient is required to wear a back brace for up to 12 weeks to encourage healing. Possible complications include the artificial disc replacement becoming damaged or dislodged. For this reason, following surgery, patients have regular checkups for life to make sure the prosthesis is functioning normally.
What are the benefits of Total Disc Replacement Surgery?
- When a fusion surgery is performed, the pain may be treated; the vertebrae surrounding the disc space are immobilized and therefore typically limit flexibility in that area of the spine.
- Disc replacement allows movement of the spine.
- Patients were observed to have motion between 0 and 21 degrees while bending forward and backward.
- Another benefit to disc replacement surgery is that no bone graft is needed.
- The biggest and main benefit is relief from pain. Determent of any further degeneration and resumption of daily activities are also goals of any spine surgery. While both fusion surgery and artificial disk replacement provide pain relief, spinal fusion causes the vertebrae surrounding the disk space to get immobilized, limiting their flexibility
- Laboratory testing shows that patients who have undergone total disk replacement have more movement in the spine. With minimal of no pain at all, the patient’s concentration level on any task is bound to improve.
Want to have a FREE Consultation for your Total Disc Replacement Surgery in India?
We will give you best surgeons for taking best and safe treatments at an affordable low cost. Post a query and get a quick responseClick Here
How many patients underwent Total Disc Replacement Surgery in India in the last 5 years?
- In recent years, India has emerged as a medical hub for patients looking for affordable, accessible and efficient low cost Total Disc Replacement Surgery.
- Some of the top Total Disc Replacement Surgery Treatment hospitals in the world are found in India. The country is known for offering advanced medical facilities at the most reasonable cost.
- An average increase of 15 to 20 percent annually has been observed in the number of patients in the last 5 years.
- The Indian Total Disc Replacement Surgery hospitals deliver advanced health care and highest quality services backed by elaborate infrastructure and lower treatment cost.
Here are the approximate figures of the patients underwent Total Disc Replacement Surgery in the last 5 years in India –
Why to plan your medical tour with us?
- As the group of Specialized Spine Surgeons, we have developed strong relationship with clinic and hospital partners, which allow us to get priority service to address all requests.
- Unlike most organizations, we recommend services from top surgeons; we have received various treatments from.
- You only need to give a small good faith deposit prior to departure.
- We understand Medical Treatments can't wait, and hence our process is time bound and focused.
What are our Special Services offered to International Patients?
- Flexible and tailor made packages.
- Organizing flights and accommodation.
- Arrangement of medical visa to India. (read the news paper articles of our site to know more about it)
- Coordinating treatment and correspondence on your behalf.
- Access to leading medical institutions and doctors.
- Significant savings compared to private healthcare
- Foreign Language Interpreters
- Assistance for Foreign Exchange conversion requirements
- Assistance for getting Local Mobile SIM Card / Internet Data Card
- Follow up Care including personalized consultations with Senior Consultants via email/ Tele-Consultation after return back to home country.
Patient Testimonial – Total Disc Replacement Surgery done in India for Mr. Adrian Ong from Singapore
Mr. Adrian Ong from Singapore
I am very active in sports and body training and I have always been very particular about not compromising with my exercise routine. As a result, getting injuries is also quite common with me. The doctors at spine and neuro surgery group have helped me treat so many issues, including a total disc replacement surgery. They understand my profession and are always available to provide me the consultation in case of emergencies. So when I had to undergo my surgery for disc replacements, I knew I was in right hands. In fact, I recommend visiting them to all my other friends in the body training business.
How to plan your Total Disc Replacement Surgery in India with 9 Easy Steps?
You will receive our full support before, during and after your travel to India for your treatment. The medical travel process outline is given below:
- Visit our website; Send us initial Query & Medical History.
- Patient will get connected with the coordinator.
- Specialized doctors will review the medical details of the patient.
- We will be providing the clinical opinion, recommendations of top doctors and costing regarding the surgery to the patient for their convenience.
- The patient’s will be connected with the Specialized Doctors regarding their concerns.
- The patient will approve the Cost, the Surgeon and the Hospital.
- Our team will provide guidance for the visa process and accommodations to the patients.
- After the patient arrival he or she will be admitted to the Hospital and will be guided properly during and after the surgery.
- Follow ups will be taken after the patient returns to his or her Hometown.
Who are the Top 20 Total Disc Replacement Surgeons in India?
- Dr. Arvind G Kulkarni
- Dr. Bipin Swarn Walia
- Dr. Paresh Doshi
- Dr. Sajan K Hegde
- Dr. Sandeep Vaishya
- Dr. Alok Gupta
- Dr. Deepu Banerji
- Dr. Ram Chaddha
- Dr. Arun Saroha
- Dr. Vipul Gupta
- Dr. Hitesh Garg
- Dr. Arvind Jaiswal
- Dr. Deshpande V Rajakumar
- Dr. Saurabh Rawall
- Dr. Binod K Singhania
- Dr. Vikas Gupta
- Dr. Yash Gulati
- Dr. Raghava Mulukutla
- Dr. Gautam Zaveri
- Dr. V J Laheri
List of Best 15 Hospitals in India for Total Disc Replacement Surgery
- Fortis Hospital Mumbai India
- Artemis Hospital India
- Global Hospital
- Bombay Hospital Mumbai India
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Lilavati Hospital Mumbai India
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Apollo Health City, Hyderabad
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital
- Saifee Hospital Mumbai India
- Workhardt hospital Mumbai India
- Jaypee Hospital, Noida
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata
- Sevenhills Hospital, Mumbai
- Apollo Specialty Hospitals, Jayanagar.
Are you looking for affordable cost of Total Disc Replacement Surgery in Top Hospitals of India?
Please consult us to get FREE Quotes, Opinions from TOP Hospitals and BEST Surgeons of India for Total Disc Replacement Surgery.CLICK HERE to get a “No Obligation Quote”
Our Country Specific Services
Total Disc Replacement Surgery in India, Best Surgeons Total Disc Replacement Surgery in India, Top Hospitals Total Disc Replacement Surgery in India, Cost Benefits of Total Disc Replacement Surgery Treatment in India, Lowest Price for Total Disc Replacement Surgery Treatment in India, Total Disc Replacement Surgery Treatment Cost in India, Top Surgeons Total Disc Replacement Surgery Treatment in India, Low Cost Total Disc Replacement Surgery Treatment