Burr Hole Drainage India: Read the Reviews
Burr Hole Drainage Overview
A burr hole drainage refers to a hole that is surgically placed in the skull or the cranium to facilitate further surgery or disrupt the skull depending upon the nature of the issue. This surgery is used for a variety of reasons which include to make larger craniotomy, allow cerebrospinal fluid drainage, pass the drainage catheters or evacuate the chronic blood.
This procedure is a necessary part of the huge majority of the brain surgeries. As the skull is very hard, creating an incision with a scalpel is impossible also using a saw to cut the skill requires special skills and techniques for preventing the injury to the brain. A burr hole makes it possible to create controlled cuts in the skill without risking penetration to the delicate brain tissues. Basically, the burr hole is used as the incision to perform the brain surgery
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with Spine and Neuro Surgery Hospital India
- You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executive will contact you soon.
- +91-9325887033 Call us at the given to contact number for any assistance.
- Complete information regarding surgery is provided on our website.
Burr Hole Drainage Procedure
During the burr hole drainage procedure one or more holes are made in the skull in order to release the excess fluid pressure in the brain caused by chronic subdural hematoma or the blood clot on the brain. This procedure is performed under local anesthesia.
This surgery is performed by a neurosurgeon who is specifically trained in the brain and spine surgery and this practice is known as neurosurgery. Before this surgery, the area of the scalp of the patient where this procedure must be performed will be shaved clean of the hair. The skin will be prepared with a special solution designed to eliminate the germs on the surface of the skin. This will be done either immediately prior to the surgery or after the anesthesia is given.
The patient will be intubated and placed on a ventilator if they are not already receiving assistance with breathing after the anesthesia provider has administered sedation. The anesthesia will take effect within moments and then the patient will be positioned for surgery. The procedure may be performed either by supporting the head with towels, pillows, head pins to hold the head still in the most suitable position for the surgery.
The initial incision is made in the scalp so that the skin can be pulled away from the surgery site. A specialized air drill that is designed to stop drilling once the skull is penetrated is used to prevent the injury to the brain. Once the burr hole is completed, then the an additional incision is made in the dura, the tough covering of the brain. It appears as a thin film, but it is quite strong and must be moved aside. This is followed by draining the fluid from the affected area. Once the procedure is completed, then the dura is stitched together and the skin is placed back to the normal position and the stitches or the staples are used to close the incision.
Depending upon the nature of the surgery, the area may be lightly covered with minimal dressing or the head may be wrapped with bandages.
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through Spine and Neuro Surgery Hospital India
Burr Hole Drainage Recovery
Since the reasons for the procedure vary widely, there is no standard recovery after placement of a burr hole. In severe cases, the patient may be unconscious and treated in the intensive care unit (ICU) like a Neuro ICU or the surgical ICU for days or even weeks after this surgery where they will be closely monitored by the staff. This allows the patient to get constant attention from the nursing staff regarding any signs of complications. In other cases, the patients may be awake and behave normally after emerging from the anesthesia.
The severity of the illness or the injury dictates how quickly, the patient will recover to normal activities. For some patients, the return to typical activities and the personality traits can be slower as compared to others.
It is advised to take good care of the incision as the infection in the incision can easily read the tissues of the brain. In most cases, the patients are given antibiotics to prevent the occurrence of the infection, even if it is not currently present. You should discuss with your neurosurgeon regarding what type of recovery to expect.
Get Low Cost Burr Hole Drainage Treatment from TOP Hospitals in India
We offer free, no obligation assistance to international patients to find best Embolization AVM Surgery in India. We offer low-cost, world-class Embolization AVM Surgery in India, coordinated by a team of experienced service industry professionals
Please post a query to know about low cost treatment options at top India hospitals
Why Burr Hole Drainage is necessary?
A burr hole drainage is required when there is a problem in the brain that requires to be treated surgically. In order to access the brain tissue, the skull or the cranium must be opened to allow access to the brain. In most brain surgeries, making a hole in the skull is the best way to treat the illness or injury.
There are many reasons why a neurosurgeon required to perform a brain surgery. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- To remove a blood clot.
- To relieve pressure on the brain.
- To remove a tumor.
- To begin a larger incision like a craniotomy.
- To treat the seizures.
- To place a medical device like a chemotherapy wafer or a shunt.
- To remove a foreign object.
- To monitor the pressure inside the skull.
Is Burr Hole Drainage Reviews: Is it Effective?
The burr hole drainage is an effective surgical procedure to treat the blood clot in the brain. It is one of the safe and effective method to treat the chronic subdural hematoma.
Burr Hole Drainage Cost Comparisions:
The burr hole drainage procedure in India will cost you only a fraction as compared to the charges for the same treatment in other first world countries. India offers a cost-effective medical treatment and services without compromising the quality of treatment.
Why to choose India for your Burr Hole Drainage?
Burr hole drainage surgery in India is performed by the highly qualified neurosurgeons. The availability of highly skilled doctors, caring and compassionate nursing staff, world class infrastructures and latest medical technology in India ensures to provide the excellent medical treatments for international patients. Many medical tourists prefer India for undergoing the burr hole drainage as they get effective treatments at reasonable rates.
What services we offer to our International Patient?
- Straight forward - simple booking procedure to seek top Medical Treatmentin India.
- Full assistance to get Medical Visa.
- Low cost - a fraction of the cost of UK/USA surgery.
- Low risk - world's highest standards of clinical care & surgery.
- Fast efficient service - immediate treatment with no waiting lists.
- Full patient support service - 24/7 services.
- Specialist consultations - scans, clinical investigations & consultations at short notice.
- Individual time to each patient
- Patients without insurance are equally benefitted
- Provides the world’s highest standards of clinical care & surgery.
- Receive the travelers at the airport
- Keep track of the additional requirements (if discovered during the treatment) and organize interventions accordingly to strive to ensure that the treatment process does not get disrupted.
- Handhold the travelers during their shopping/sight-seeing tours - we may or may accompany the travelers, but we coordinate for a smooth and pleasurable experience (at extra cost)
- In case the patient/attendant are English-constrained, then provide interpreter services Quick response and availability of revert.
- Visible compassion for the traveler.
Patient Testimonial – Mr. Tom Griffin from USA sharing his experience of Burr Hole Drainage Treatment done in India
Mr. Tom Griffin from USA
The specialists of spine and neuro surgery group have been treating everybody in my family and friend circle for the brain and spinal related ailments from as long as I can remember. So when I had to undergo the burr hole drainage treatment, I knew that I could trust them without a thought to cure me and I do not regret my choice. Though they treat at one of the best hospitals in India, the staff members are so soft spoken and not at all flashy. You start feeling the good and positive vibes the moment you step in the hospital.
How to plan your medical trip to India?
- Send us your query and medical reports
- Get the advised opinion and treatment plan from us within 48 hours from multiple hospitals
- Choose your preferred hospital and clear your concerns if you have any
- We will assist you with medical VISA, Vaccination, FRRO, Travel, Accommodation and Logistic Process
- Arrival arrangements will be done for your pick up at the airport based on your itinerary
- Treatment will start at the hospital as planned
- Once the treatment is done, you can fly back
- Post treatment follow up and consultation will be done by us via email, phone, Skype
Best Burr Hole Drainage Specialists India, Best Burr Hole Drainage Treatment hospitals India, Top 10 Burr Hole Drainage Specialists of India, 10 Burr Hole Drainage hospitals of India, Best Burr Hole Drainage Specialists in India