Low Cost Craniectomy Surgery in India
What is Craniectomy surgery?
- Craniectomy Surgery is a neurological procedure which involves removing a portion of the skull to relieve the pressure on the underlying brain. Usually, this procedure is performed in case where the patient has experienced severe brain injury that results in significant amounts of bleeding and excessive swelling of the brain. This procedure is similar to the procedure involving the permanent removal of a portion of the skull. Often this surgery is performed if the probability of swelling is likely after the brain surgery, or if the bone flap of the skull cannot be replaced due to other reasons. The infections, strokes and trauma can cause an increase in the intracranial pressure, which in turn causes brain damage. Other causes of brain swelling include disease, injury, brain tumors, brain trauma and infections like encesphalitis, meningitis and toxoplasmosis.
How the Craniectomy Surgery Procedure works?
- The patients having a severe brain injury and requiring craniectomy will already be in the hospital. The patients will be closely monitored and brought into the operation room where they be again closely observed by the anesthesia personnel to look for any vital signs.
- Meanwhile, the neurosurgeons will create an incision in the scalp, basically on the side of the head where the compression is caused by a blood clot. Once the skin and the underlying tissues are cut and moved out of the way, then a drill will be used to make the holes in the skull.
- The holes are connected using a saw and then the bone is removed. This bone will be stored in the freezer with a hope that once the brain swelling of the patient has subsided and the condition has become more stable, then the bone is placed back in its place.
- After the removal of the bone, the patients will be provided with the custom fit helmets to wear for preventing further brain injury. Once the bone is removed, then any bleeding around the brain will be controlled, the skin and the connective tissues overlying the brain are closed with the sutures.
What is Craniectomy Surgery Recovery phase?
- The hospital stay for patients undergoing this surgery is determined by the extent of the injuries and the damage to their nervous system.
- Patients with severe brain injury will require months or years to recover from their injury, depending upon the extent of the injury.
- Patients will benefit from the intensive rehabilitation to regain their brain function.
- The replacement of the bone removed at the time of this surgery will be replaced several months after the original injury. The bone will be first tested for the presence of any bacteria, if there is no bacterial growth then it will be used or else, a synthetic skill replacement will be used.
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with Spine and Neuro Surgery Hospital India
- You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executive will contact you soon.
- +91-9325887033 Call us at the given to contact number for any assistance.
- Complete information regarding surgery is provided on our website.
Why Craniectomy Surgery is necessary?
- This surgery is necessary to relieve the brain swelling, remove the tumors in the cerebellum (rear of the brain) and treat the diseases affecting the cranial nerves that provide sensation and movements to the head and neck structures.
- The Craniectomy Surgery is necessarily performed as a life saving measure in patients who have experienced a severe brain injury that resulted in bleeding and swelling around the brain. Severe brain injury can cause brain compression and in the worst case may even lead to brain death. In this case, the neurosurgeons can remove the portion of the skull to vacate the underlying blood clot that is compressing the brain. The craniectomy procedure ensures to relieve the pressure on the brain.
- Brain experiences a great deal of swelling post severe injury and removing the bone frees the brain to swell upward rather than downward where it could compress the brainstem. This could be critical for all the vital functions of the brain and may lead to brain death. After undergoing this surgery, the brain swelling will subside over a period of time and the bone removed during this procedure can be replaced over some weeks or months.
How Craniectomy Surgery is effective?
- The craniectomy surgery is an effective option for treating the patients with traumatic brain injury.
- The patients requiring craniectomy as a life saving measure are often in a critical condition and it is likely they have already experienced some amount of brain damage.
- This surgery helps relieve the pressure to the brain.
Get Low Cost Craniectomy Surgery Packages from TOP Hospitals in India
We offer free, no obligation assistance to international patients to find best Craniectomy Surgery in India. We offer low-cost, world-class Craniectomy Surgery in India, coordinated by a team of experienced service industry professionals
Please post a query to know about low cost treatment options at top India hospitals
Why Choose Us?
Being India's first government recognized Medical Value Provider, the facilities in India are worldly recognized and the surgeons have an international reputation. We are a trust-worthy group, which provides foreign patients with affordable treatment, easy communication and a friendly atmosphere.
What services we offer to our International Patient?
- Straight forward - simple booking procedure to seek top Medical Treatmentin India.
- Full assistance to get Medical Visa.
- Low cost - a fraction of the cost of UK/USA surgery.
- Low risk - world's highest standards of clinical care & surgery.
- Lowest infection rates - less than 0.5%.
- Fast efficient service -immediate treatment with no waiting lists.
- Full patient support service - 24/7 services.
- No doctors’ referral necessary.
- Specialist consultations - scans, clinical investigations & consultations at short notice.
- Individual time to each patient
- Patients without insurance are equally benefitted
- Medical executives with fluent English
- Provides the world’s highest standards of clinical care & surgery.
- Identify the hospital and line of treatment (under expert guidance)
- Receive the travelers at the airport
- Ensure the right guesthouse for the travelers
- Handhold the patients through the treatment process at the hospital (in person and/or by phone – as and when required)
- Monitor and track all the admission formalities
- Provide regular medical updates to the sponsor of the treatment (such as, the insurance agency, charity organization, employer, etc)
- Keep track of the additional requirements (if discovered during the treatment) and organize interventions accordingly to strive to ensure that the treatment process does not get disrupted.
- Handhold the travelers if they wish to get visa for any other country on their way back home (at extra cost)
- Handhold the travelers during their shopping/sight-seeing tours - we may or may accompany the travelers, but we coordinate for a smooth and pleasurable experience (at extra cost)
- In case the patient/attendant are English-constrained, then provide interpreter services Quick response and availability of revert.
- Vast range of options.
- Visible compassion for the traveler.
- Holistic Handholding.
How to plan your medical trip to India?
- Send us your query and medical reports
- Get the advised opinion and treatment plan from us within 48 hours from multiple hospitals
- Choose your preferred hospital and clear your concerns if you have any
- We will assist you with medical VISA, Vaccination, FRRO, Travel, Accommodation and Logistic Process
- Arrival arrangements will be done for your pick up at the airport based on your itinerary
- Treatment will start at the hospital as planned
- Once the treatment is done, you can fly back
- Post treatment follow up and consultation will be done by us via email, phone, skype
Who are the TOP 20 Spine Surgeons for Craniectomy Surgery in India?
- Dr. Bipin Swarn Walia
- Dr. Paresh Doshi
- Dr. Sandeep Vaishya
- Dr. Alok Gupta
- Dr. Deepu Banerji
- Dr. Arun Saroha
- Dr. Abhaya Gupta
- Dr. Rana Patir
- Dr. K Sridhar
- Dr. Prakash Singh
- Dr. Chadran Gnanamuthu
- Dr. Yashbir Dewan
- Dr. VS Mehta
- Dr Rohan Sinha
- Dr Amit Shrivastav
- Dr Matthew Abraham
- Dr Arun Garg
- Dr VP Singh
- Dr Karanjit Singh Narang
- Dr SN Singh
Which are the TOP Hospitals for Craniectomy Surgery in India in our panel?
- Fortis Hospital Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore India
- Artemis Hospital, New Delhi India
- Global Hospital, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, India
- Bombay Hospital Mumbai India
- Lilavati Hospital Mumbai India
- Saifee Hospital Mumbai India
- Wockhardt Hospital Mumbai India
- Indian Spinal Injuries Center New Delhi India
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgoan, India
- Indraprashta Apollo Hospital, New Delhi India
- Max Super Specialty Hospital New Delhi India
- Primus Super Specialty Hospital New Delhi India
- Shalby Hospital, Ahmedabad, India
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi India
- Rockland Hospital, New Delhi India
- Paras Hospitals, New Delhi India
- Jaypee Hospital, New Delhi India
Are you looking for affordable cost of Craniectomy Surgery in Top Hospitals of India?
Please consult us to get FREE Quotes, Opinions from TOP Hospitals and BEST Surgeons of India for Craniectomy Surgery.CLICK HERE to get a “No Obligation Quote”
Our Country Specific Services
Craniectomy Surgery, Low Cost Craniectomy India, Best Hospitals in India for Craniectomy Surgery, Neurology Procedures in India, Best Place for Spine Treatment India, Top Surgeons Spine Surgery in India, Causes of spine injury, Low Cost Spine Treatment, Top Hospitals Spine Surgery in India, Safe Spine Surgery, Spine Surgery India, Low Cost Spine Surgery in New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Candidate for Spine Surgery in India