Consult Dr Arvind Kulkarni Best Laser Spine Surgeon Bombay Hospital Mumbai IndiaM.S, D’ Orth, FCPS
E-mail & Appointment
Dr. Arvind G Kulkarni associated with Bombay Hospital
Dr. Arvind G Kulkarni heads the ‘Mumbai Spine Scoliosis and Disc Replacement Centre’ as a Consultant Spinal Surgeon at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai, one of the oldest and largest hospitals of India. He has a vast experience in spinal surgery having trained in some of the top spinal centers in the world such as KEM Hospital Mumbai, National University Hospital – Singapore, Westmead Adult & Children’s Hospitals, Australia, St George Hospital – Australia and Toronto Western Hospital & Hospital for Sick Children Canada. He is also considered one of the best for Laser Spine Surgery in India. Patients from all across the globe come for consults and treatment under him. Dr. Arvind G Kulkarni is also a teacher for Diploma in Orthopaedics for College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai India. He has a Fellowship Programme under me for training in Spine surgery. Dr. Arvind Kulkarni is an examiner for Spinal Fellowship exit exams. Post-graduate students are trained under his supervision in the operating rooms and out-patient clinics apart from the regular weekly lectures.
- Artificial Disc Replacement
- Chronic Low Back & Neck Pain
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery
- Spinal Deformity
- Spinal trauma & tumours
- Revision Spine Surgery
- M.S (Master of Orthopaedic Surgery): Post Graduate Degree in Orthopaedic Surgery from Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital* affiliated to University of Mumbai, India. in 2000.
- D’ Orth (Diploma in Orthopaedic Surgery): from the College of Physicians & Surgeons, Mumbai in 2000.
- FCPS (Fellow of College of Physicians and Surgeons): from the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai in the year 2002.
- Fellowship in Spinal Surgery: Department of Neurosurgery, KEM Hospital & Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai in 2002-2003.
- Fellowship in Spinal Surgery: Department of Orthopaedics, National University Hospital, Singapore in 2003-2004.
- Fellowship in Adult Spinal Surgery: Department of Orthopaedics, St George Hospital and University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia in 2004-2005.
- Fellowship in Adult Spinal Surgery: Spine Division, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, Canada in the year 2005-2006.
- Fellowship in Paediatric Spine Surgery: Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada in the year 2006.
- Fellowship in Paediatric Spine Surgery: The Royal Alexandria Hospital for Children at Westmead, Sydney, Australia in 2006-2007.
- Diploma (SICOT): Society International Committee of Orthopaedic Trauma, Hong Kong in the year 2008.
Bombay Hospital in Marine Drive, Mumbai
Bombay Hospital is one of the biggest hospitals in the city and is located at New Marine Lines, Mumbai. It was one of the first private hospitals to have started in the city and since its inception Bombay Hospital has set benchmark in the health industry. Bombay hospital Mumbai has a very comprehensive in-patient department wherein the patients can register themselves anywhere between 9 am to 9 pm everyday apart from Sundays. The registration is done for every patient which is pre decided and the date of the registration and the class is decided mutually by both the patients and the doctors. They have a dedicated number which takes care of all the admission of the patients. Although while coming in the patients need to take care of a few things like they have to carry the referral letter by the doctor if there is any and in case of maternity cases they should carry the booking slip. And if part of your expenses is to be paid by the insurance company or by the employer then a guarantee of the said letter is required. In addition to this they should also carry the list of medicines and X rays that have presently been taken. This is considered to be one of the best hospitals in Mumbai when it comes to diagnostics. They conduct an entire range of therapeutic procedures and diagnostics which is required for the patient. Then there is also the surgical service which is provided by them. The OT in the hospital is one of the best in the country and has all the world class features. They also have some of the best surgeons in India who perform surgery at their hospital. Then there is the general medicine category which has some of the best doctors in the country and also in the world. Bombay Hospital is one of the few hospitals in India that has an online facility. A patient can get a virtual tour of the hospital. One can also make reservations online in case it’s an emergency and hence save the time that will be taken in the hospital. Even an online quotation can be received of the treatment that one needs in the hospital. These are some of the reasons why they are considered to be one of the best hospitals in the country. Charity and the pursuit of excellence are the two fundamental ideals that provide us impetus to focus on the well being of the patient who is primary responsibility. Bombay Hospital provides the best possible treatment, delivered most efficiently, in the shortest possible time span and at minimum cost.
Low cost spine surgery by Dr Arvind Kulkarni in India:
Get most Affordable Spine Surgery Packages in Bombay Hospital for Dr. Arvind G Kulkarni Spine Surgery in India by for various Spine Problems from neck and back pain to complex problems like the Degenerative Disc Disease, Herniated Discs, Spondylosis, Spinal Stenosis etc. India is known for that Neuro and Spine surgeries in the western countries are quite costly, which are not affordable by all. From the last few years, India has become quite popular as a destination for spine surgery. You will not only save money, but will also seek excellent personalized services. Get benefits such as minimally- invasive spine surgeries, affordable all-inclusive spine surgery packages, experienced team of spine surgeons, neurologists and neurosurgeons, advanced imaging facilities and internationally accredited world-class hospital ,advanced technology with state-of-the-art operation theatres. The treatment of spine surgery in India is delivered by the India’s most trusted and less expensive spine surgeon Dr Arvind Kulkarni. Spine surgeons in India have brilliant academic qualifications, many with further training in the best institutions in USA, UK, Japan and Korea. Indian doctors find global acceptance and constitute between 15 to 30% of practicing doctors in countries like UK and USA. Success rate for spine/spinal surgeries by Dr Arvind Kulkarni in India at leading hospitals is outstanding and on par with global benchmarks. Bombay hospital in India offer high-quality investigations and imaging it offer state of the art investigations through the use of Neuro-Navigation, Computerised Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) , C arm for image guided surgery, advanced computerized image guidance system, etc. Bombay hospital in India use world-class technology and infrastructure for spine surgeries they have laminar air flow system and are equipped with ceiling mounted operating microscopes that provide enhanced imaging, still photography and video recording facilities. Cost of spine/spinal surgery in India is also significantly cheaper and more successful than comparable hospitals in other medical tourist destinations such as Thailand and Singapore. Dr Arvind Kulkarni in India performs two or three spine surgeries every week. Consequently, there is no waiting list even for the most complex spine surgeries in India.
Choose Dr. Arvind G Kulkarni for spine surgery in India:
While planning spine surgery in India, you could get rid of your back problems at affordable costs, which could be 50 to 80 percent lower than in the United States or Europe. Spinal injuries are some of the most debilitating, complex injuries. They can vary from the annoying herniated disc to the totally paralyzing spinal cord injury. According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: “Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on back pain, the most common cause of job-related disability and a leading contributor to missed work. Fortunately, most occurrences go away within a few days. Spine surgery in India can be performed as soon as it is needed. There are no waiting lists. The patient’s comfort and relaxation are major priorities. Dr. Arvind Kulkarni spine surgeon offers comprehensive care and solutions for a wide range of disorders affecting the spine ranging from trauma, degenerative conditions to tumors. The most prominent factor of Spine Surgery in India is its cost which attracts many people from other countries to travel to India for their spine surgeries. In India, the cost of the spine surgery is around 70-80% less as compared with other western countries. Besides, the cost other factors like quality of the treatment, experienced surgeons, success rate etc. also drives the interest of the international patients to come to India for their spinal treatment. Dr. Arvind Kulkarni is one of the most respected names in the field of spine surgery in India and Abroad and has vast experience of operating on complex to simple spine surgeries with excellent success rate. He is a Spinal Surgeon who is soft to speak to and is well known among his patients for his genuine advice and expertise in all spine related treatments and surgeries. Specialized in Spine Correction and disc related problems, Dr. Kulkarni has the highest success rate in India. Dr. Kulkarni is known for excellent results in spine fixation, spine fusion, spine decompression, disc replacement, kyphoplasty, laminectomy and scoliosis surgery.
AFFILIATIONS [Life – Member]
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India [ASSI].
- Bombay Orthopaedic Society, Mumbai [BOS].
- Indian Medical Association [IMA].
- Indian Orthopaedic Association [IOA].
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India [POSI].
- Karnataka Orthopaedic Association [KOA].
- Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States [OASIS].
- World Spine Society [WSS].
Surgeries performed by Dr. Arvind G. Kulkarni:
- Micro-Endoscopic Laminotomy & Decompression (Micro lumbar Laminoplasty) with MetRx system for Lumbar Canal Stenosis (Spinal Stenosis).
- Artificial Disc Replacement or Total Disc Replacement for Chronic Low Back pain
- Anterior Cervical Decompression & Fusion for Cervical Radiculopathy, Cervical Myelopathy, Spinal Tumors, Spinal Trauma, etc.
- Micro-Endoscopic Discectomy with MetRx system for Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc (PID).
- Laminectomy +/- Instrumented Fusion for Lumbar Canal Stenosis
- Cervical Laminectomy and fusion for Spinal Trauma, Cervical Myelopathy, Spinal Tumors, etc.
- Spinal Fusion for Chronic Spinal Tumors, Low Back Pain, Spinal Trauma, Spondylolisthesis, Spinal Infections, etc.
- Cervical Laminoplasty for Cervical Myelopathy.
- Occipitocervical Fusion for Tumors, Trauma, Compression, etc. around the craniovertebral junction.
- Atlantoaxial Fixation and Fusion for Atlantoaxial Instability (secondary to Rheumatoid Arthritis, Developmental causes, Trauma).
- Thoracoscopic Anterior Release & Fusion for Scoliosis.
- Deformity Correction- Kyphosis (due to Post-infective, Scheuermann’s disease, Post-tubercular, Ankylosing spondylitis, Post-traumatic, Osteoporosis, etc. and Scoliosis (Paediatric & Adult).
- Posterior Spinal Decompression & Fusion at all levels- Cervical, Thoracic & Lumbar
- Anterior Spinal Decompression & Fusion at all levels- Cervical, Thoracic & Lumbar
- Metastasis to the Spine, Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty for Osteoporotic Vertebral Fractures, etc.
- Surgeries for Spinal Tumors.
- Surgeries for Spinal Trauma.
- Transforaminal Epidural Injections.
- Facet joint injections.
Ms Mercy Noyoter, a businesswoman from Nigeria suffered from severe back and leg pain as a result of Grade 2 spondylolisthesis. She was not able to walk. She underwent a Minimally Invasive Spinal Decompression and Fusion Surgery (MIS-TLIF). There was hardly any intra-operative bleed etc. Her symptoms have totally disappeared. She was made to walk immediately on the next day of surgery. She has done extremely well. [Dr Arvind G Kulkarni, Consultant Spinal Surgeon, Bombay Hospital, Mumbai - Mob: +91-9325887033; email: email@example.com
E-mail & Appointment
Research and Publications
He is an invited faculty at many national spine conferences and workshops and has made various national & international podium presentations. Dr. Arvind Kulkarni laser spine has numerous scientific publications in high-impact journals to his credit. Dr. Kulkarni has also contributed to chapters in textbooks and has done clinical research in various fields –
- Morphometric study of Indian skeletal structure and size in relation to the application of implants
- Innovative treatment of neglected high-degree scoliosis
- Craniovertebral index and its application
- Spinal tuberculosis
- Awarded the ASSI (Association of Spine Surgeons of India) Best Publication Award in the year in 2005.
- Awarded the Scoliosis Research Society (USA) Global Outreach Award twice in 2004 and 2005.
- Recipient of Korean SICOT award in 2008.
- Honoured by ‘Akhila Bharatiya Rigved Brahmin Sangha, Mumbai’ for contribution to the society in November, 2011.
- Nominated among the top 3 spine surgeons of Mumbai by India Today in August, 2012.
- Awarded ‘Outstanding Young Achiever Award’ by Junior Chambers International (JCI), Marine lines, Mumbai.
- Best Laser Spine Surgeon in India
- Top Spine Surgeon Bombay Hospital Mumbai
- Awarded the ‘Gopalkrishnan Fellowship in Arthroscopy’ by the Indian Arthroscopy Society.
- Invited to speak on ‘New Horizons in Spinal Surgery’ by Maharastra Orthopaedic Nursing Association at SP Jain.
- Selected for the prestigious ‘Neuro-Spine fellowship’ conducted by Dr Atul Goel (the pioneer of C1-C2 lateral mass fixation), Head of Department, Neurosurgery Department, KEM Hospital and Seth S. Medical College, Mumbai.
- Performed the First Prodisc-L Lumbar Disc Replacement in the country at Bombay Hospital Mumbai in February
- Invited to speak on ‘New Advances in Spinal Surgery’ by ‘Somawar Mandal – Senior Citizen’s Club’, Bandra –East.
- Awarded the esteemed ‘Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) Scholarship’ to attend 39th Annual Scoliosis Research Society.
- Awarded the esteemed ‘Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) Scholarship’ to attend 40th Annual Scoliosis Research Society.
- Faculty for Symposium on ‘Multilevel Disc Disease’ during Instructional Course Lectures – A Combined ASSI (Association of Spine Surgeons of India) & SSE (Spine Society of Europe) Conference at Goa in August.
- Advisor on ‘Spinal Issues and Problems’ for NDTV.
- National Merit Scholarship for securing 69th rank at the state level in the Karnataka S.S.L.C. Examinations in the year 1988.
- Secured 94th rank for the state in the Common Medical Entrance Test, Karnataka Board, 1990.
- Secured 17th rank for the country in the All India Post Graduate Entrance Examination, 1997.
- Selected for the prestigious ‘National University Hospital, Singapore Clinical Fellowship in Spine’ starting September 10th, 2003 (15 months) under the supervision of Prof. Hee-Kit Wong.
- Meeting at Buenos Aires, Argentina in September, 2004.
- Selected for the prestigious ‘St George Hospital in Sydney, Australia Clinical Fellowship in Spine’ starting December, 2004.
- Awarded the ‘Gold medal – Depuy–Acromed Best Paper Publication Award’ by the Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) for the year 2005 during the Annual Conference at Bangalore, India.
- Meeting at Miami, Florida, USA in October 2005.
- Awarded the ‘Advanced AO Fellowship in Spinal Surgery’ by AO – Spine, North America for the year 2005-06.
- Invited as ‘Guest Editor’ for the Journal Neurology India – Spinal Supplement issue – December, 2005 edition.
- Pioneer in the field of ‘Artificial Disc Replacement’ in Mumbai Performed the first ever ‘Artificial Lumbar Disc Replacement’ in Mumbai on the 6th July, 2007.
- Honoured by the Indo-American Society, Mumbai on the 24th August, 2007 for the pioneering effort in introducing ‘Artificial Disc Replacement’ to the city of Mumbai.
- Invited Faculty at ‘Post-Graduate Orthopaedic Course’ at Swasthiyog Prathisthan, Miraj to speak on ‘Spondylolisthesis’ on the 31st of August, 2007.
- Auditorium, Bombay Hospital on the 4th September, 2007.
- Faculty ‘Cervical Disc Arthroplasty’ at Saifee Hospital, Mumbai on 13th November, 2007.
- Mumbai on the 10th December, 2007.
- Faculty ‘The Spine Millenium’, pre-conference workshop WIROC, Mumbai 21st December, 2007.
- Faculty ‘Advanced Spine Course’ organized by Bombay Orthopaedic Society, January, 2008.
- Faculty ‘Decision Making in Spine Surgery and Spinal Techniques (Lumbar Spine)’ organized and invited by Guntur Bone Club, Guntur-Andhra Pradesh, March 15th, 2008.
- Faculty at BOS Basic Spine Course, 2008.
- Invited to speak on ‘Spinal Surgery – An Overview’ by IMA- Gokak Branch on the 28th June, 2008.
- Invited to speak on ‘New Advances in Spinal Surgery’ by IMA-Mumbai Branch on the 8th June, 2008.
- Awarded the prestigious ‘Korean SICOT Award’ to attend the SICOT Annual Congress at Hong Kong in August, 2008.
- Faculty at Instructional Course Lectures – A Combined ASSI (Association of Spine Surgeons of India) & SSE (Spine Society of Europe) Conference at Shimla August, 2008.
- Faculty at WIROC, December, 2008, Mumbai.
- Faculty at ‘The Lumbar Intervertebral Disc – A Combined IGASS & ISIC Conference at New Delhi in April, 2009.
- Faculty at Instructional Course Lectures – A Combined ASSI (Association of Spine Surgeons of India) & SSE (Spine Society of Europe) Conference at Khajuraho in August, 2009.
- Faculty – AO Spine Seminar, Mangalore in October, 2009.
- Faculty – IOACON, Bhubaneshwar, November, 2009.
Dr.Arvind Kulkarni is a famous Spine surgeon associated with Bombay Hospital, Mumbai. Dr.Kulkarni also specializes in Laser Spine Surgery, Spine and Disc Replacement surgery and Scoliosis surgery. Considered as one of the best Orthopedist in India, he is also associated with Mumbai Spine & Scoliosis Centre. Kindly Contact the provided Number or connect with the given email address to book an appointment with Dr.Arvind Kulkarni.