Neurosurgery, Spinal Surgery
Designation: Director – Institute of Neurosciences & Spinal Disorders
Specialty: Neurosurgery, Spinal Surgery
Languages spoken: English, Hindi
E-mail & Appointment
Dr. K. Sridhar, Best Neuro Surgeon, India
Book Immediate Appointment at Email ID
Number For Fast Track Query Reply +91 – 9325887033
Qualification: MBBS, DNB (Neurosurgery)
Medical School: Madras Medical College, Madras, in December 1982 with a Frist Class in Surgery. Awarded the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree of University of Madras in February 1984 after completion of the Compulsory Rotatory.
Training: National Board of Examinations Neurosurgery
Residency Traning: General Surgery: 1984 – 1985: One year training in General Surgery at the Government General Hospital, Madras as per specifications of the National Board of Examinations towards the Five year Direct course in Neurosurgery.
Neurosurgery: 1985 – 1990 Five years training in Neurosurgery at the Dr. Achanta Lakshmipathi Neurosurgical Center
VHS Medical Centre, Madras 600 113. India under Prof. B. Ramamurthi
Chief Residency: Qualified in Neurosurgery and certified as a Diplomate of the National Board of Examinations in Neurosurgery in May 1990.
- 2009- September 2011: Head, Division of Brain and Spine Surgery, Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai
- June 2006 – April 2009 :Medical Director and Head of Neurosurgery National Neurosciences Centre, Calcutta
- 1990 to 2005 :Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon, Dr.A. Lakshmipathi Neurosurgical Centre, V H S Hospital, Chennai 600113
- December 2004 to October 2005: Professor and Head of Neurosurgery, Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute, Enathur, Kanchipuram
- 1992 – 2006: Consultant Neurosurgeon, Malar Hospitals, Chennai
- 1996 till 2006: Hony Consultant Neurosurgeon, Southern Railway, Railway Headquarters Hospital, Perambur, Chennai
Special Interest: Vascular, Skull Base and Cervical Spine surgery
- Life member, Neurological Society of India.
- Life Member, Association of Spinal Surgeons of India
- Life Member, Skull Base Society of India
- Active member, Indian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery
- International Member, Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- International Member, Joint Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves of the AANS and The CNS
- Life Member Neuro-oncology Society of India
Awards: Awarded “Adjunct Professor” by The Tamilnadu Dr M.G.R Medical University in recognition of his Clinical and Academic work