Dr. Arvind G Kulkarni
Best Laser Spine Surgeon in India
Top Spine Surgeon Bombay Hospital Mumbai
E-mail & appointment
E-mail id of Dr. Arvind G Kulkarni, Best Laser Spine Surgeon in India
Number for appointment with Dr. Arvind G Kulkarni: +91-9325887033
Number for appointment with Dr. Arvind G Kulkarni: +91-9325887033
- Artificial Disc Replacement
- Chronic Low Back & Neck Pain
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery
- Spinal Deformity
- Spinal trauma & tumours
- Revision Spine Surgery
- M.S (Master of Orthopaedic Surgery): Post Graduate Degree in Orthopaedic Surgery from Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital* affiliated to University of Mumbai, India. in 2000.
- D’ Orth (Diploma in Orthopaedic Surgery): from the College of Physicians & Surgeons, Mumbai in 2000.
- FCPS (Fellow of College of Physicians and Surgeons): from the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai in the year 2002.
- Fellowship in Spinal Surgery: Department of Neurosurgery, KEM Hospital & Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai in 2002-2003.
- Fellowship in Spinal Surgery: Department of Orthopaedics, National University Hospital, Singapore in 2003-2004.
- Fellowship in Adult Spinal Surgery: Department of Orthopaedics, St George Hospital and University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia in 2004-2005.
- Fellowship in Adult Spinal Surgery: Spine Division, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, Canada in the year 2005-2006.
- Fellowship in Paediatric Spine Surgery: Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada in the year 2006.
- Fellowship in Paediatric Spine Surgery: The Royal Alexandria Hospital for Children at Westmead, Sydney, Australia in 2006-2007.
- Diploma (SICOT): Society International Committee of Orthopaedic Trauma, Hong Kong in the year 2008.
Dr. Arvind G Kulkarni Laser Spine Specialists in Mumbai heads the ‘Mumbai Spine Scoliosis and Disc Replacement Centre’ as a Consultant Spinal Surgeon at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai, which is one of the oldest and largest hospitals of India. He has a vast experience in spinal surgery and have been trained in some of the top spinal centres across the globe such as National University Hospital in Singapore, KEM Hospital in Mumbai, St George Hospital- Australia, Westmead Adult & Children’s Hospitals in Australia and Toronto Western Hospital & Hospital for Sick Children-Canada.
He is one of the pioneers of Minimally Invasive Spinal surgery in India and introduced Micro-Endoscopic techniques using the MetrX system for the first time in India in the year 2007. Dr. Kulkarni is also one of the pioneers of Artificial Disc replacement and his name is mentioned in Limca Book of Records for performing the first Artificial Disc Replacement [ProDisc-L] in India. His special interests are Artificial Disc Replacement, Deformity Correction, Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery, Revision Spinal Surgery, etc.
AFFILIATIONS [Life – Member]
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India [ASSI].
- Bombay Orthopaedic Society, Mumbai [BOS].
- Indian Medical Association [IMA].
- Indian Orthopaedic Association [IOA].
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India [POSI].
- Karnataka Orthopaedic Association [KOA].
- Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States [OASIS].
- World Spine Society [WSS].
Surgeries performed by Dr. Arvind G. Kulkarni:
- Micro-Endoscopic Laminotomy & Decompression (Micro lumbar Laminoplasty) with MetRx system for Lumbar Canal Stenosis (Spinal Stenosis).
- Artificial Disc Replacement or Total Disc Replacement for Chronic Low Back pain
- Anterior Cervical Decompression & Fusion for Cervical Radiculopathy, Cervical Myelopathy, Spinal Tumors, Spinal Trauma, etc.
- Micro-Endoscopic Discectomy with MetRx system for Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc (PID).
- Laminectomy +/- Instrumented Fusion for Lumbar Canal Stenosis
- Cervical Laminectomy and fusion for Spinal Trauma, Cervical Myelopathy, Spinal Tumors, etc.
- Spinal Fusion for Chronic Spinal Tumors, Low Back Pain, Spinal Trauma, Spondylolisthesis, Spinal Infections, etc.
- Cervical Laminoplasty for Cervical Myelopathy.
- Occipitocervical Fusion for Tumors, Trauma, Compression, etc. around the craniovertebral junction.
- Atlantoaxial Fixation and Fusion for Atlantoaxial Instability (secondary to Rheumatoid Arthritis, Developmental causes, Trauma).
- Thoracoscopic Anterior Release & Fusion for Scoliosis.
- Deformity Correction- Kyphosis (due to Post-infective, Scheuermann’s disease, Post-tubercular, Ankylosing spondylitis, Post-traumatic, Osteoporosis, etc. and Scoliosis (Paediatric & Adult).
- Posterior Spinal Decompression & Fusion at all levels- Cervical, Thoracic & Lumbar
- Anterior Spinal Decompression & Fusion at all levels- Cervical, Thoracic & Lumbar
- Metastasis to the Spine, Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty for Osteoporotic Vertebral Fractures, etc.
- Surgeries for Spinal Tumors.
- Surgeries for Spinal Trauma.
- Transforaminal Epidural Injections.
- Facet joint injections.
Ms Mercy Noyoter, a businesswoman from Nigeria suffered from severe back and leg pain as a result of Grade 2 spondylolisthesis. She was not able to walk. She underwent a Minimally Invasive Spinal Decompression and Fusion Surgery (MIS-TLIF). There was hardly any intra-operative bleed etc. Her symptoms have totally disappeared. She was made to walk immediately on the next day of surgery. She has done extremely well. [Dr Arvind G Kulkarni, Consultant Spinal Surgeon, Bombay Hospital, Mumbai - Mob: +91-9325887033; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Dr. Arvind G Kulkarni at: +91-9325887033
Email : email@example.com
Research and Publications
He is an invited faculty at many national spine conferences and workshops and has made various national & international podium presentations. Dr. Arvind Kulkarni has numerous scientific publications in high-impact journals to his credit. Dr. Kulkarni has also contributed to chapters in textbooks and has done clinical research in various fields –
- Morphometric study of Indian skeletal structure and size in relation to the application of implants;
- Innovative treatment of neglected high-degree scoliosis;
- Craniovertebral index and its application;
- Spinal tuberculosis
- Awarded the ASSI (Association of Spine Surgeons of India) Best Publication Award in the year in 2005.
- Awarded the Scoliosis Research Society (USA) Global Outreach Award twice in 2004 and 2005.
- Recipient of Korean SICOT award in 2008.
- Honoured by ‘Akhila Bharatiya Rigved Brahmin Sangha, Mumbai’ for contribution to the society in November, 2011.
- Nominated among the top 3 spine surgeons of Mumbai by India Today in August, 2012.
- Awarded ‘Outstanding Young Achiever Award’ by Junior Chambers International (JCI), Marine lines, Mumbai.
- Best Laser Spine Surgeon in India
- Top Spine Surgeon Bombay Hospital Mumbai
- Awarded the ‘Gopalkrishnan Fellowship in Arthroscopy’ by the Indian Arthroscopy Society.
- Invited to speak on ‘New Horizons in Spinal Surgery’ by Maharastra Orthopaedic Nursing Association at SP Jain.
- Selected for the prestigious ‘Neuro-Spine fellowship’ conducted by Dr Atul Goel (the pioneer of C1-C2 lateral mass fixation), Head of Department, Neurosurgery Department, KEM Hospital and Seth S. Medical College, Mumbai.
- Performed the First Prodisc-L Lumbar Disc Replacement in the country at Bombay Hospital Mumbai in February
- Invited to speak on ‘New Advances in Spinal Surgery’ by ‘Somawar Mandal – Senior Citizen’s Club’, Bandra –East.
- Awarded the esteemed ‘Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) Scholarship’ to attend 39th Annual Scoliosis Research Society.
- Awarded the esteemed ‘Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) Scholarship’ to attend 40th Annual Scoliosis Research Society.
- Faculty for Symposium on ‘Multilevel Disc Disease’ during Instructional Course Lectures – A Combined ASSI (Association of Spine Surgeons of India) & SSE (Spine Society of Europe) Conference at Goa in August.
- Advisor on ‘Spinal Issues and Problems’ for NDTV.
- National Merit Scholarship for securing 69th rank at the state level in the Karnataka S.S.L.C. Examinations in the year 1988.
- Secured 94th rank for the state in the Common Medical Entrance Test, Karnataka Board, 1990.
- Secured 17th rank for the country in the All India Post Graduate Entrance Examination, 1997.
- Selected for the prestigious ‘National University Hospital, Singapore Clinical Fellowship in Spine’ starting September 10th, 2003 (15 months) under the supervision of Prof. Hee-Kit Wong.
- Meeting at Buenos Aires, Argentina in September, 2004.
- Selected for the prestigious ‘St George Hospital in Sydney, Australia Clinical Fellowship in Spine’ starting December, 2004.
- Awarded the ‘Gold medal – Depuy–Acromed Best Paper Publication Award’ by the Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) for the year 2005 during the Annual Conference at Bangalore, India.
- Meeting at Miami, Florida, USA in October 2005.
- Awarded the ‘Advanced AO Fellowship in Spinal Surgery’ by AO – Spine, North America for the year 2005-06.
- Invited as ‘Guest Editor’ for the Journal Neurology India – Spinal Supplement issue – December, 2005 edition.
- Pioneer in the field of ‘Artificial Disc Replacement’ in Mumb Performed the first ever ‘Artificial Lumbar Disc Replacement’ in Mumbai on the 6th July, 2007.
- Honoured by the Indo-American Society, Mumbai on the 24th August, 2007 for the pioneering effort in introducing ‘Artificial Disc Replacement’ to the city of Mumbai.
- Invited Faculty at ‘Post-Graduate Orthopaedic Course’ at Swasthiyog Prathisthan, Miraj to speak on ‘Spondylolisthesis’ on the 31st of August, 2007.
- Auditorium, Bombay Hospital on the 4th September, 2007.
- Faculty ‘Cervical Disc Arthroplasty’ at Saifee Hospital, Mumbai on 13th November, 2007.
- Mumbai on the 10th December, 2007.
- Faculty ‘The Spine Millenium’, pre-conference workshop WIROC, Mumbai 21st December, 2007.
- Faculty ‘Advanced Spine Course’ organized by Bombay Orthopaedic Society, January, 2008.
- Faculty ‘Decision Making in Spine Surgery and Spinal Techniques (Lumbar Spine)’ organized and invited by Guntur Bone Club, Guntur-Andhra Pradesh, March 15th, 2008.
- Faculty at BOS Basic Spine Course, 2008.
- Invited to speak on ‘Spinal Surgery – An Overview’ by IMA- Gokak Branch on the 28th June, 2008.
- Invited to speak on ‘New Advances in Spinal Surgery’ by IMA-Mumbai Branch on the 8th June, 2008.
- Awarded the prestigious ‘Korean SICOT Award’ to attend the SICOT Annual Congress at Hong Kong in August, 2008.
- Faculty at Instructional Course Lectures – A Combined ASSI (Association of Spine Surgeons of India) & SSE (Spine Society of Europe) Conference at Shimla August, 2008.
- Faculty at WIROC, December, 2008, Mumbai.
- Faculty at ‘The Lumbar Intervertebral Disc – A Combined IGASS & ISIC Conference at New Delhi in April, 2009.
- Faculty at Instructional Course Lectures – A Combined ASSI (Association of Spine Surgeons of India) & SSE (Spine Society of Europe) Conference at Khajuraho in August, 2009.
- Faculty – AO Spine Seminar, Mangalore in October, 2009.
- Faculty – IOACON, Bhubaneshwar, November, 2009.