Contact Number: + 91 – 9325887033
Designation: Consultant Neurologist
Languages spoken: English, Hindi
- DNB (Neurosurgery): Diplomate of the National Board in Neurosurgery. National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
- FICS: Fellow of the International College of Surgeons.
- Fellowship in Skull Base Surgery: Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, USA. 1995-1996.
- Fellowship in Neuro-Oncological Surgery: University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA. 1996-1997.
- Neurosurgery Training: Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai.
- Neurosurgery Training: Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai.
- Overseas Neurosurgery Training: Senior Registrar, Department of Neurosurgery, Richmond Institute of Neurosciences, Beaumont Hospital, Republic of Ireland. 1991-92.
- Overseas Neurosurgery Training: Senior Registrar, Department of Neurosurgery, Royal Preston Hospital, UK. 1 Jan 1993 to 30 Apr 1995.
Dr. Sankhla trained in Neurosurgery in Mumbai at Sir JJ Group of Hospitals and Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences. He also trained overseas, serving as Registrar in the Department of Neurosurgery, Richmond Institute of Neurosciences at Beaumont Hospital in the Republic of Ireland (1991-92), and as Senior Registrar in the Department of Neurosurgery at Royal Preston Hospital, UK, from January 1993 to April 1995.
Dr. Suresh Sankhla completed Clinical Fellowships in Skull Base Surgery and Neuro-Oncological Surgery under the guidance of prominent leaders in neurosurgery in the USA before returning to Mumbai 1998. His special interests are Endoscopic and Endoscope-assisted Brain & Spine Surgery, complex Skull Base Surgery and Pediatric Neurosurgery. He has more than 100 publications in peer-reviewed journals to his name, has contributed over 20 chapters to various books and also authored one book himself. He is a leader and an active member of several national & international associations connected with neurosurgery, having held executive posts in several of them, including as President of the Skull Base Surgery Society of India, Indian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery, and the Bombay Neurosciences Association, among others. He was Founder Editor of the Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences in 2006 and held the post of Executive Editor of the journal until 2012.
Affiliations & Memberships:
- President, Bombay Neurosciences Association. 2016.
- Vice President, Indian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery.
- Past President, Skull Base Surgery Society of India. 2013.
- Executive Council Member, Neurological Society of India. 2012-2014; 2015-2017.
- President, Congress of Asian Australsian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery.Mumbai, 2017.
- Founder Editor & Executive Editor, Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences. 2006-2012.
- Treasurer, Indian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery. 2009-2011; 2012-2014.
- Founder Member & Treasurer, Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology.2012-2014.
- Organising Secretary, 62nd NSI Conference. Mumbai, Dec 2013.
- Organising Secretary, Annual Conference of Skull Base Surgery Society of India.Mumbai, 2012.
- Member, American Association of Neurological Surgeons.
- Member, International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery.
- Member, Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons.
Research & Publications:
- Immunotherapy in malignant brain gliomas.
- Z-flow ventriculo-peritoneal shunts.
- Role of CT scans in Minor TBI in children.
- Role of high-dose Methyl Prednisolone in ICH.
- 106 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Contributed 21 Chapters in various Books.
- Authored one Book