Contact Number: + 91 – 9325887033
Designation: Consultant Spine Surgeon
Specialty: Spinal Surgery
Languages spoken: English, Hindi
- MBBS(1997): Govt. Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical college, Salem, Tamilnadu
- D,Ortho(1999): Tirunelveli medical college , Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu
- DNB,Ortho(2002): Ganga Hospital Coimbatore Tamilnadu
- MCh,Ortho(2011): University of Seychelles American Institute of Medicine
- Fellow (Spine): The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical university
Training & Courses:
- AO Spine Basic course, June 2008
- AO Trauma course Principles in operative fracture management, July 2008
- Synthes Skeletal Spine Focus – Spinal Trauma, Nov 2009.
- AO Trauma course –Advances in operative fracture management, March 2011
- Vertebroplasty course, June 2012
- AO Spine Advance course. July 2012
Dr. Krishnakumar is a distinguished Spine surgeon having about 15 years of surgical practice. He is deft at advanced techniques for the management of degenerative spine disease, Cervical spine surgeries, Deformity correction surgeries, Minimally invasive surgical procedures, Injection Techniques and Endoscopic spine surgery. During his professional tenure he has been involved in management of trauma patients in ER, major& minor orthopaedic surgeries like fixation of fractures, arthroplasty of Hip and Knee, Paediatric orthopaedic surgery, spinal surgery etc. He has also independedntly performed advanced procedures such as fenestration discectomy, laminectomy, and foraminotomy.
- Consultant Ortho & Spine Surgeon: Apollo Spectra Hospital, Bharathi Raaja Specialty Hospital, Chennai Meenakshi Multi Specialty Hospital etc.
- Consultant Trauma & Spine Surgery: Helios Hospital, Chennai
- Post Doctoral Fellow of Spine Surgery: Kovai Medical Centre and Hospital, Coimbatore
- Junior Consultant, Dept. of Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery: Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai
- Asst.Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery: Arupadai veedu Medical College, Pondicherry
- Advanced Surgical techniques of Spine and bones
- Management and treatment of traumatic bone and Spine injury
- Treatment of open Fractures
- Indian Medical Council
- Madras Orthopaedic Society
- Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Association of spine surgeons of India
- Paediatric orthopeaedic society of India
- Author; Paper presentation, “Primary closure of open fractures-advantageous or Adventurous” in 34th annual conference of Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association. Tiruchy, Jan 2001.
- Co author;Poster presentation, “Primary closure of openfractures-advantageous or Adventurous” in Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association, Triennial Meeting, Adelaide, Australia.
- Author; Paper presentation, “Treatment of congenital pseudoarthrosis of Tibia – Ilizarov vs Vascularised Free Fibular Graft “ in 35th annual conference of Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association, Coimbatore, Feb 2002.
- Author; Paper presentation, “Analysis of Management and Results of Neglected trauma of long bones – A retrospective study” in 39th annual conference of Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association. Chennai, March 2006.
- Author; Paper presentation, “Medium term functional outcome of Tibial plateu fractures” in 41st annual conference of Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association. Kodaikanal, February 2008.
- Author; Paper presentation, “Medium term functional outcome of Tibial plateu fractures” in 7th annual conference of Orthopaedic Association of south indian states. Pondicherry, August 2008.
- Author; Paper presentation, “Open Reduction and Internal fixation of Type C fractures in Distal humerus” in 43rd annual conference of Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association. Kourtallam, February 2010.
- Author; Paper presentation, “Advantages and Results of Anatomical Locking Plates in Type C intra articular fractures of distal Humerus” in 44th annual conference of Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association. Madurai, February 2011.