Contact Number: + 91 – 9325887033
Designation: Consultant – Spinal surgery, Scoliosis and Disc Replacement
Specialty: Spinal Surgery
Languages spoken: English, Hindi
- M.S: (Master of Orthopaedic Surgery) Post Graduate Degree in Orthopaedic Surgery from Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital* affiliated to University of Mumbai, India. (2000)
- D’ Orth (Diploma in Orthopaedic Surgery): from the College of Physicians & Surgeons, Mumbai. (2000)
- FCPS (Fellow of College of Physicians and Surgeons): from the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai. (2002)
- Diploma (SICOT): Société Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopédique et de Traumatologie
- Fellowship in Spinal Surgery: Department of Neurosurgery, KEM Hospital & Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai. (2002-2003)
- Fellowship in Spinal Surgery: Department of Orthopaedics, National University Hospital, Singapore. (2003-2004)
- Fellowship in Adult Spinal Surgery: Department of Orthopaedics, St George Hospital and University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. (2004-2005)
- Fellowship in Adult Spinal Surgery: Spine Division, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, Canada. (2005-2006)
- Fellowship in Paediatric Spine Surgery: Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada (2006)
- Fellowship in Paediatric Spine Surgery: The Royal Alexandria Hospital for Children at Westmead Sydney, Australia. (2006-2007)
- Micro-Endoscopic Discectomy with MetRx system for Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc (PID)
- Micro-Endoscopic Laminotomy & Decompression (Microlumbar Laminoplasty) with MetRx system for Lumbar Canal Stenosis (Spinal Stenosis)
- Laminectomy +/- Instrumented Fusion for Lumbar Canal Stenosis
Minimally Invasive TLIF (MIS-TLIF)
- Artificial Disc Replacement (Total Disc Replacement) for Chronic Low Backpain
- Spinal Fusion for Chronic Low Backpain, Spondylolisthesis, Spinal Trauma, Spinal Infections, Spinal Tumors etc
- Anterior Cervical Decompression & Fusion for Cervical Myelopathy, Cervical Radiculopathy, Spinal Trauma, Spinal Tumors etc
- Cervical Laminectomy and fusion for Cervical Myelopathy, Spinal Trauma, Spinal Tumors etc
- Cervical Laminoplasty for Cervical Myelopathy
- Atlantoaxial Fixation and Fusion for Atlantoaxial Instability (secondary to Rheumatoid Arthritis, Trauma, Developmental causes)
- Occipitocervical Fusion for Trauma, Tumors, Compression etc around the craniovertebral junction
- Deformity Correction – Scoliosis (Paediatric & Adult), Kyphosis (due to Scheuermann’s disease, Post-infective, Post-tubercular, Post-traumatic, Ankylosing spondylitis, Osteoporosis etc)
- Thoracoscopic Anterior Release & Fusion for Scoliosis
- Anterior Spinal Decompression & Fusion at all levels (Cervical, Thoracic & Lumbar)
- Posterior Spinal Decompression & Fusion at all levels (Cervical, Thoracic & Lumbar)
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty for Osteoporotic Vertebral Fractures, Metastasis to the Spine etc
- Surgeries for Spinal Trauma
- Surgeries for Spinal Tumors
- Facet joint injections
- Transforaminal Epidural Injections
- Dynamic Stabilization – Inter-spinous spacer, Pedicle screw based – Dynesys, Acuflex etc.
Special Interests: Artificial Disc Replacement, Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery, Chronic Low Back & Neck Pain, Spinal Deformity, Revision Spine Surgery, Spinal trauma & tumours
Affiliations: [Life – Member]
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India [ASSI].
- Indian Orthopaedic Association [IOA].
- Bombay Orthopaedic Society, Mumbai [BOS].
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India [POSI].
- Karnataka Orthopaedic Association [KOA].
- Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States [OASIS].
- Indian Medical Association [IMA]
- World Spine Society [WSS]
Achievement: Performed the First Prodisc-L Lumbar Disc Replacement in the country at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai in February 2008 (Appeared in LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS 2009).