Dr. V. S. Mehta
Best Neurologist India Best Neurosurgeon, Paras Hospital, Gurgaon
Dr. V S Mehta
E-mail & Appointment
E-mail id of Dr. V.S. Mehta, Best Neurologist India
Number for appointment with Dr. V.S. Mehta +91 - 9325887033
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Brachial Plexus Surgery
- Brain Stem Surgery
- Brain Tumours Surgery
- Brain Aneurysm Surgery
- Spine surgery
- Ventriculopertoneal shunt
- Back pain surgery
- Cerebrospinal fluid shunt
- Chairman, Neurosciences at Paras Hospital, Paras Hospital Neurologist, Presently working
- Chief- Neurosciences Center at AIIMS, New Delhi, 2001-2006
- Head, Department of Neurosurgery at Gamma Knife Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi, 1994-2006
- Best Neurosurgeon in Gurgaon, India
- Best Neurologist India
Education and Fellowships
- M.B.B.S. from Sawai Man Singh Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- M.S. (General Surgery) from Sawai Man Singh Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- M.Ch. (Neurosurgery) from AIIMS, New Delhi
Dr. V. S. Mehta associated with Paras Hospital, Gurgaon
Dr. V.S. Mehta is a stalwart in the field of neurosurgery and a recipient of the prestigious Padma Shree by the President of India, in the year 2005 for his contribution in the field of Medicine. Dr. Prof. V.S. Mehta is known all over the world for his exceptional expertise and medical precision. He is one of the few doctors to receive awards such as the Life Time Achievement Award, ASSOCHAM & 6th MT Awards, Mumbai. Over the years Dr. V.S. Mehta Paras Hospital has been instrumental to initiate various clinical protocols and introduce technology interventions like the brain tumour navigation technology to the forefront of neurosurgery thereby ensuring to deliver 100% surgical accuracy and surgical brilliance. Being a part of the medical ethics committee of MCI, the Neurologist Paras Hospital Gurgaon, Dr. Mehta has always adhered to all protocols and ensures that the organizations he is association with also adhere to the same. His patient outcomes, ethical framework and code of conduct have been exceptional all through his medical career.
- President, Neurological Society of India
- President, South Asian Neurosurgeons
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
Research and Publications
- Reliability of CT scanning in the histological diagnosis of intracranial occupying lesions.
- A prospective study of pulmonary infection among 100 consecutive head injured patients.
- Critical evaluation and management of subdural hematoma.
- Mycotic infection of the brain. A review of 12 cases.
- Results of surgery for brachial plexus and peripheral nerve injuries especially with the use of sural nerve grafts.
- ICMR Research Project entitled “Collaborative study of head injuries, epidemiological, pathological, clinical and psychiatric aspects”, 1978-79. V.S. Mehta, P.N. Tandon etal.
- Pharmacological intervention in neurogenic pulmonary edema hemodynamic and biochemical profile.
- Long-term follow up of Head injuries along with their psychological evaluation.
- Cardiovascular abnormalities in head injuries with use of betalblockers in selected group of patients.
- Day care surgery for selected group of Neurosurgical patients.
- Mechanics of intracranial pressure to hyperthermia and raised ICP in primates.
- Clinical trial in high grade Malignant Glioma – combining radiotherapy with 2 Deoxy-D-Glucose in Escalating Doses.
- Role of Gamma Knife in A.V.M. of the brain.
- Mehta V.S., Sarkar Chitra, Ralte Angela Mercy, Sharma M.C., Karak A.K.
- Role of Gamma Knife in Benign tumour of the brain.
- Recurrent Astrocytic tumours: A study of Proliferative Index, Apoptotic Index and P53 Protein expression.
- Mehta V.S., Julka P., Ketan Kalinga, Sarkar C., Rath G.K., Bal C.S.
- The response of chemotherapy and Radiotherapy in high-grade glioma in Relation to P53 Protein expression.
- Higher Rank Diffusion Tensor Imaging of Brain Tumors. Mehta V.S., Paul S., Roy P.K.
- Mehta V.S., Jain S., Padma M.V., Tripathi M., Maheshwari M.C., and Sharma P.
- Treatment of severe Intraventricular Hemorrhage by Intraventricular infusion of Urokinasae, a Pilot Study.
- Mehta V.S., Malhotra R., Sharma Anurag, Gupta B.D., Gupta Aditya.
- Higher (Fourth) Order Diffusion Tensor MRI based Generalized Anisotropic mapping of low and high grade gliomas: Mehta V.S., Paul S., Roy P.K.
- Compensatory mechanisms to preserve picture naming in patients with frontal lobe tumor. Mehta V.S., Chakraborty A., Singh N.S.
- Higher (Fourth) Order Diffusion Tensor MRI based Generalized Anisotropic mapping of low and high grade gliomas: Towards a pathognomic diagnostic signature. Mehta V.S., Paul S., Roy P.K.
- Evaluating the status of pro-inflammatory mediators across different grades of human astrocytoma (NBRC) 2009. Mehta V.S., Sen E.
- Randomised Double Blind Placebo Controlled, Multientric, Dose Escalation Study to Evaluate the Safety and Preliminary Efficiency of Recombinant Factor VIIa (Novo-Seven/Nia Stase) in subjects with Brain Contusion (Trial ID: F7CBI-1600) 2005. Mehta V.S., Kumar Rajender, Gupta A., Sinha S.
- Non invasive optical fibre probe based Near Intra red Spectroscopy (NIRS) for assessing brain activity a D.S.T. Project in collaboration with IIT and National Physical Laboratory, 2003-2005.
- Multicentric International Trial on “Surgial Trial of Intracerebral Haemorrhage” funded by Stroke Association and Medical Research Council (U.K.). Mehta V.S., Chandra P.S., Prasad K., Tripathi Manjari, Singh Sumit, 2000-2003.
- Decompressive craniectomy for intradural lesions in Head Injury, Multi Centric International Survey. A European Brain Injury Consortium, 2001-2002.
Awards and Honours
- Dave-Newton oration on 19th November, 2011 at K.G.M.C., Lucknow.
- Honoured with Swasthya Bharat Samman by L.I.C. Zee News on 15th November, 2010, Gurgaon.
- S.P. Srivastava Memorial oration on 14th November, 2010 at its U.P. Con 2010, (U.P. Branch of IMA) at Saharanpur.
- Presidential oration on 11th September, 2009 in its annual conference of Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery held at Manipal on 11-12th September, 2009.
- Invited to Deliver A.D. Sehgal Oration at Neurotrauma Conference 7-9th August, 2009 at Jaipur on “Brachial Plexus Injuries”.
- A.D Sehgal Oration on 07th February, 2009 in its annual conference of Delhi Neurological Association held at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Presidential Oration on 17th December, 2007 in its annual Conference of Neurological Society of India held at Agra
- Nominated as International member of the “Brazilian Academy of Neurosurgery in 2007”.
- Delivered key note address in 6th Annual Meeting of Association of Neurosurgeon of China in 2006 at Beijing.
- Nominated as a guest member of “ The Japan Neurosurgical Society in 2006”
- Dr. Satyapal Aggarwal Memorial, Annual Indian Medical Association (IMA) Oration on “Brain Tumours Past, Present and Future”, 22nd October, 2005 at Ludhiana
- Nominated as Founder Member of World Academy of Neurological Surgeons in 2005.
- Awarded PADMA SHRI Award by the President of India for the year 2005 for the contribution in the field of Medicine.
- Fellow of National Academy of Medical Sciences 2003.
- Presidential Oration on 2nd February, 2003- Delhi Neurological Association.
- Awarded for best recruiting STICH Centre in Asia June 2003.
- Indian Medical Association South Delhi Branch Special Award for excellence in academics, 16th December, 2001.
- Senior Commonwealth Fellowship 1994.
- Jack and Monica Britton Traveling Fellowship to visit different Neurological Centres in United Kingdom in 1986.
- E. MERCK Gold Medal for best paper for year 1985 at its Annual conference of Neurological Society of India held at Madurai.
- E. MERCK Gold Medal for best paper for year 1980 at its Annual conference of Neurological Society of India held at Calcutta.